Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Devestation.....
I'm just going to take a second to update and catch everyone up on what Group 2 is up to but first I wanted to talk quickly about the last two days for me. Since last week I have been reaching out to our Filmmaker and through issues either scheduling or just things coming up we kept having to reschedule. So finally we talked on Sat we made arrangement to get together Sun as a group. Then tragedy happened when I found out that my mentor, a man who was like a father to me, the pillar of the Central Florida Film Community and Florida Film passed away. Losing Ralph Clemente was a huge blow to me, as I and my fellow alumni of the Valencia Program we are devastated. I can't tell you how many people Ralph's charm, teachings and mentorship effected. When I mentioned it to Ken  and requested another reschedule he expressed his condolences and informed me that while he didn't know Ralph personally, he knew much Ralph meant to Florida through the reputation that Ralph has in the industry. It really meant a lot to me that's this filmmaker had heard of Ralph and how far reaching Ralph's influence was and is. Ken and I talked some more on Sunday and on Monday he mailed out a media package and email me a list of the ground work that he had started along with a pdf that we are going to print up. I am hoping that the Film Festival does something to honor Ralph.

Here is my post from my Facebook...
     I've been posting little things all night, not knowing what to say or what to write. Mine heart like the many, many of "Ralph's Kids" is hurting so bad. I'm laughing and crying even now as I remember the memories. When I started this journey back in 2009, like many, all it took was 5 min of talking to Ralph and I was hooked and would do anything for him. Work grip instead of Production Team on Renee/To Writer Love on Her Arms, sure Ralph; Fill in as a Grip on My Fair Lidy, sure thing anything for you Ralph; Fire watch on Missionary, no problem Ralph.
     After I graduated and would come back to visit and work with the new students when I had the chance, he would tell me I was the biggest cheerleader of the Valencia program. I would talk Valencia up to everyone that I would meet, work with and everywhere I went. I would meet at least one Valencia Grad working in the idustry no matter what the project was, be it a Reality Show, TV Show or even the WWE where there are 5 guys who I will see in 3 week who's heart will be broken when I tell them about his passing. Ralph taught us to be humble, have a love and pride in everything you did no matter how big or small the project was and to care about the people that you worked with. The Valencia family is strong and numerous and we take care of our own something Ralph taught us and we never forgot.
     I will cherish my times with him and will never ever forget how good he would make you feel no matter how down you were or how tired you were or angry you were. All you need to do was walk into the film building and then into his office, and hear "How you Doing?" in what we'd call the "Ralph" the impression that everyone that has ever know him tries to do. I will miss our talks about UM's Football team, the University of Miami for all you non Canes fans or watch him listening to how life was treating you and if you were following his motto of "Treat Yourself". That was my special time with Ralph, I will miss it so much. Tomorrow when I am in his office I will throw up the U one last time in honor of the Maestro, and give one last, "How you doing?" then pop my collar as I leave his office. God speed Ralph....The mold was broken when you were made my friend there will never be another like you.


1 comment:

  1. Alex, my condolences to you and your Valencia peers. Definitely a big loss for filmmakers across Central Florida.

    ReplyDelete